The International Commission on Stratigraphy is the largest and oldest constituent scientific body in the International Union of Geological Sciences (IUGS). Its primary objective is to precisely define global units (systems, series, and stages) of the International Chronostratigraphic Chart that, in turn, are the basis for the units (periods, epochs, and age) of the International Geologic Time Scale; thus setting global standards for the fundamental scale for expressing the history of the Earth.
News & Meetings
- 12th International Symposium on the Ordovician System to be held in Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA, 3-18 June 2015[2015-02-06]
- XVIII International Congress on Carboniferous and Permian (Kazan, Russia, August 7-15, 2015)[2014-07-19]
- Shell donates Euros 10,000 to ICS[2014-03-10]
- NSF awards ICS a grant of $75,000 to support its activities[2014-03-10]
- STRATI 2015 - 2nd International Congress on Stratigraphy to be held in Graz, Austria, 19-23 July 2015[2014-02-12]
- January 2013 version of ICS International Chronostratigraphic Chart and explanatory article published in September 2013 issue of Episodes[2013-10-10]